UPSFCU is seeking a dynamic and experienced team member to join our credit union to serve as a Member Concierge I. This position is responsible for providing members with accurate financial services by building member relationships through cross selling products and services. This position has a direct impact on organizational success through direct member interactions and product sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with CU values, Mission, Vision, Promise including presenting a professional image of the Credit Union.
• Ensure positive public perception of the Credit Union through building relationships across all member service platforms and touchpoints.
• Process daily financial transactions (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, advances, money orders, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding members’ information and Credit Union practices and procedures.
• Interview loan applicants, process loan information, prepare necessary documents and complete loan closings and disbursals according to Credit Union policies and procedures.
• Secure all documents and signatures to protect any liens, notes and security agreements
• Approve loan applications according to the policies and limits set by the Board of Directors and the rules and regulations.
• Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members when loans are denied.
• Complete required loan officer reports.
• Handle, to a satisfactory conclusion, member inquiries on accounts, statements, transaction history, Credit Union products and services, etc., as needed.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of Credit Union policy and be capable of discussing all loan alternatives and financial products and services with members.
• Responsible for collection activities as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of product pricing (interest rates, dividend rates, fees) and be able to discuss these with members.
• Implement new financial products and services in accordance with management direction, Credit Union policies and procedures and legal requirements.
• Prepare and complete all required paperwork and documentation with a high degree of accuracy.
• Responsible for establishing relationships with members by cross selling and referring products/services to exceed their financial needs.
• Make recommendations to the Manager concerning organizational policy and procedure modifications.
• Generate sales and revenue by developing a positive member experience. Focus on the solutions that meet the needs of the member and personally strive to make each customer interaction the best experience of their day by consistently delivering on each step of the Member Experience process.
• Maintain expert knowledge of Visa Gift Cards, travel Money Cards and Everyday Spend Cards.
• Approve member exceptions and authorize service fee refunds to members when deemed necessary.
• Process all debit card requests and assist with ATM/Debit Card disputes.
• Establish various accounts including but not limited to IRA’s, HSA’s, Long Term Savings, Trust Accounts, and Business Accounts upon member request.
• Call on existing and potential members with focus on relationship development. Follow up on referrals.
• Balance Vault and Coin Machine, assist with the balancing and filing of the ATM.
• Assist with validation issues and/or questions or issues with CU services; Home Banking; Bill Payer; Mobile Banking.
• Knowledge of and adherence to security and robbery policies and procedures.
• Maintain high degree of confidentiality, security and internal control procedures.
• Achieve established sales and referral goals for deposit products and services.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
• Have or be able to be a Notary Public.
• Manage one or more Areas of Responsibility/Business Area with in the Credit Union.
• Recommend ideas to improve policies, products, services and procedures.
• Contribute to marketing and promotional projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 1 years prior experience in a financial institution, preferably in a credit union environment.
• At least 2 years of sales and customer service experience is required.
• Strong communication skills, including a proven ability to ask questions that solicit information.
• Ability to perform in a fast paced, team oriented environment with multiple interruptions.
• Self-starter, motivated to be a part of the sales and services team; as well as being able to work independently.
• Ability to handle problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong motivation to provide quality customer service to members and public.
• Regular and predictable attendance is a required essential function of the job.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of industry specific software, industry specific systems and other web-based software programs, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Regular Vision abilities, including computer work.
Open office environment with high customer contact.